The liability risks for managing directors, management board members, supervisory board members and other stakeholders are considerable. This is the case both when founding a company and during day-to-day management, and even more in the event that a crisis is imminent.
The major reforms in German company law in 2008 have also increased the risks for shareholders. Their accountability arises at the latest when their company has lost its entire management.
We advise and represent management board members, managing directors, supervisory board members, also advisory board members, senior executives and shareholders and other stakeholders in all aspects of internal and external liability:
- personal liability of representative bodies for the incurrence of debt during a company’s crisis
- personal liability of representative bodies for tax liabilities and social security contributions
- personal liability of representative bodies and shareholders for delayed filing for insolvency
- safeguarding capital contribution and maintenance of capital in corporations
- liability in connection with the acquisition of shelf companies
- criminal-law accountability of representative bodies and shareholders for delayed filing for insolvency